Other Events and Programs
The AMASDF (Amelia McGuiness Australian Snowsports Development Foundation) is dedicated to providing practical support (for equipment, training, and resources), to up-and-coming winter snowsports athletes from the age of 10 to 18 years old, across all disciplines including disabled snowsports.
• Applicants must reside in NSW, QLD & ACT only. The AMASDF Scholarship is no longer open to other states. Residential states will be checked against current SSA/SSO membership numbers.
• Applicants born between 1999 to 2007 need only to apply.
• Scholarship Amount: The amount per athlete will be determined by the AMASDF Committee and is subject to the amount of money raised during fundraising events.
Application Due Dates
• Online Application Now open
• Online Application Closes: 5pm, Wednesday 11th of October 2017 (no applications will be accepted after this time)
• Character Reference Due: 5pm, Friday 13th of October 2017 (applications will not be considered if a character reference isn't received)
• Notification: Successful and Unsuccessful Athletes will be notified by Friday 10th of November 2017
A character reference must be received by AMASDF by 5pm 13th October 2017.
This character reference must come from a non-family member, eg. coach, instructor, school principal, teacher, employer, an association member. The application will not be considered without a character reference. Please scan and email the character reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Membership Number
A current Ski & Snowboard Australia (SSA) / State Snowsports Association Membership Number is required. This is not a Snowracer ID membership number.
If you do not have a current Ski & Snowboard Australia (SSA) / State Snowsports Association. Please click here to join.
Successful Applicants Paperwork
Successful applicants are required to report on the funds provided by AMASDF by 15th December 2017. Further information will be emailed to successful applicants.
Tips for the Online Application
The online application must be completed in one sitting.
1. Please complete the application question sheet below and save to your computer.
2. It is advisable to complete this sheet, and copy and paste into the online application.
3. This will also ensure you have a copy of your application.