2019 National Participation Conference - NESA Accredited
The SSA National Participation Conference, which is targeted at school teachers and the snowsports industry and community, has been approved by the NSW Education Department to be part of MyPL and NESA registered. We encourage all school coordinators to attend this once in lifetime event to increase your knowledge on the sport and encourage greater participation.
More details on the conference accreditation will be provide shortly.
The 2019 National Participation Conference, is being held in Canberra on Thursday 7th & Friday 8th November. As the first Olympic sport in Australia to unify to a single governing body, SSA endeavours to connect with pathway partners; to inform, engage and inspire our sport to move in a single national direction.
‘Building Participation in Snowsports & Creating Champions’ will deliver key learnings, provide tools and insights, and create opportunities for discussion and feedback.
The conference explores the key areas of:
- Industry – Unique Insights from Sport and the Snowsports Industry
- Participation – Connecting with our Community to Inspire, Engage and Encourage Greater Participation
- Schools – Developing sustainable, safe and successful School Snowsports programs
- Diversity and Inclusion – Learning about the opportunities available for Disabled Wintersports Participants
- A Systems Approach – Exploring what this means for Snowsports and our community, with an emphasis on developing an evidence-based approach to collectively achieve great outcomes
The Conference dates are structured to coincide with the inaugural Ski & Snowboard Australia Community Sport Awards to be held on the Thursday evening – 7th November at QT Canberra.
SSA looks forward to providing an array of networking opportunities, sharing knowledge, showcasing best practice, and to create an environment that collectively builds participation and future champions.
CLICK HERE for the Conference Program
CLICK HERE to Register