2019 SSA National Snowsports Participation & Development Conference
QT Canberra, 1 London Circuit - Thursday 7th + Friday 8th November
This is the first of two major Participation initiatives for 2019.
Since mid-2018, a small development group has worked on the Conference program and objectives. We anticipate a conference attendance of between 200 to 250, with the intended audience being school Snowsports Coordinators from across Australia, and industry representatives/leaders from the Resorts, the Clubs, the SIA, the APSI, and private providers servicing the Snowsports industry in Australia. The Conference dates are structured to coincide with the new Ski & Snowboard Australia Community Sport Awards event to be held on the Thursday evening – 7th November.
The Conference Outline.
Day 1 – Thursday 7th November – ‘Framing and Developing’ Snowsports Participation – 10am to 4.00pm
- Framing Participation: Keynotes, Panels and Workshops on Trends in Sport, Snowsports and Industry, including SportAUS, AOC, AIS, OWIA, SSA, NSWIS, Resorts, Clubs, Coaching, Training.
- Developing Participation: Keynotes, Panels and Workshops on Snowsports Athlete Pathways - from Participation to High Performance, including OWIA, SSA, Previous Athletes, Interschools, Schools.
- Inaugural 2019 SSA Australian Snowsports Community Awards – 6.00pm to 10pm
Day 2 – Friday 8th November – ‘Planning and Inspiring’ Snowsports Participation – 9.00am to 2.45pm
- Planning Participation: Keynotes, Panels and Workshops on Snowsports Risk Management, Child Safe Sport Strategies, and Participation Event Rules & Guidelines, including SSA, Interschools, Schools, Resorts, Snow Sports Research Academics.
- Inspiring Participation: Keynotes and Panel Presentations on the Athlete Pathway from School to the Olympics, through the inspirational & aspirational lens of previous and current Olympic Snowsports Athletes & Coaches.
The Conference and Awards evening dates are confirmed. The SSA working group is currently working through the finalisation of conference presenters and facilitators, with a view to seeking NESA accreditation for conference attendees. Costings for the full 2-day Conference package, to include all Conference sessions, including lunch, morning & afternoon tea, plus attendance and dinner/drinks at the Thursday evening Ski & Snowboard Australia Community Sport Awards, are between the $350 to $450 per participant, with the final cost to be released with the initial registration papers due out to schools in early May – the beginning weeks of School Term Two.