May 1 Update

Snow Australia is closely monitoring COVID-19 restrictions and as the season approaches, we will advise of any planned changes to the Interschool Snowsports events.

We continue to be hopeful that the Australian snow season will proceed in one form or another and wait for confirmation from the Governments, Health Authorities and Resorts on whether Interschools events will run.

What we do know is that if there is a snow season, it will be a very different one to what we are used to and we will need to be modify event formats and adhere to social distancing measures, public gathering guidelines and travel restrictions.

We are considering the opportunities this situation brings us to simplify and trial some alternative processes and rules intended to improve the event entry and participation experience for students, parents and school coordinators.

We are currently reviewing qualification rules for the late August SUBARU NSW, ACT, QLD State Championships and the early September SUBARU Australian Championships, and will announce these when finalised.

In other news, the Snow Australia Interschools staff are now working Monday - Thursday for the foreseeable future. The school coordinators meetings have been postponed to a later date in Term 2. These dates will be announced soon.