Ski & Snowboard Australia School Awards - Applications now open!
Applications are now open for the School Awards at the Ski & Snowboard Australia (SSA) Awards.
There are two award categories at the Australian Ski & Snowboard Awards that are open to schools nominating; Outstanding Achievement of the Year for Small Schools and Snowsports School of the Year.
As introduced last year, the nomination criteria has an emphasis on growth of a schools program. Schools that are able to show growth in their snowsports program, will be looked upon favourably.
Outstanding Achievement of the Year for Small Schools - Criteria for Nomination
An award to highlight a single outstanding or unique schools snowsports activity program. Applicants are encouraged to provide:
- Evidence of any singular school snowsports program that develops and grows junior snowsports athlete participation at the school level
Small Schools are classified by:
- Secondary Schools who have entered 24 or less competitors
- Primary Schools who have entered 9 or less competitors
Snowsports School of the Year - Criteria for Nomination
An award to highlight the contribution of a School Snowsports Program. Nominations are to be judged by State Inter- school Committees, with finalists put forward to SSA for final judging and ratification. Applicants are encouraged to provide information about their School Snowsports Club based on the following criteria:
- Growth and participation levels having regard to the overall size of the school.
- Athlete participation & performance from school through to elite level – support for SSA programmes, events and activities – contribution to the pathway of an elite performance.
- Athlete education, including safety, fitness, skills and dry-land training activities.
- Variety of discipline exposure offered by the school club to snowsports athletes – evidence of introducing new participants to snowsports.
- Recognition of snowsports and athletes by the School and Club.
- Regards will be given to the improvement by the school and club across the above criteria from the previous year.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE March 22, 2019
Nomination Period 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. Previous National Award winners are excluded from applying for a period of 2 years after winning the award. Nominations are to be judged by State Interschools Committees, with state winners put forward to the SSA for final judging and ratification. Awards will be announced at Australian Ski & Snowboard Awards May 1 in Melbourne.