Online Entries for the following 2019 Interschools Snowsports Championships are now open:
- Travelplan Ski Northern NSW & QLD Interschools Snowsports Championships (July 9-13 at Perisher)
- Travelplan Ski Sydney Interschools Snowsports Championships (July 16-20 at Thredbo)
- Subaru NSW & ACT Interschools Snowsports Championships (July 24-26 at Perisher)
Online entries and volunteer registration will close for the above events on June 26 at 10pm.
How to Complete School Entries
School entries are completed online by the School Coordinator, who will have a login for the entry system.
The School Coordinator login username is your email address. If you have misplaced your password, you can retrieve it on the entry system home page.
If your school has previously entered the Interschools Championships and you are taking over the School Coordinator role in 2019; you can get a login for the Online Entry System by either;
- Asking the previous school coordinator to login to the Online Entry System and update the School Details tab with the new school coordinators email address. They can either set a new password for you or you can click 'Retrieve Password' on the login page to the Online Entry System to set a new password yourself.
- Email Interschools at email@example.com to update the login. You must then login and update the temporary password you are given. Please update your details on the School Details tab in the Online Entry System. Ensuring that the School Details page is updated allows school coordinators to be sent SMS updates during the Championships and Interschools can contact the correct coordinator for any queries with your entries, etc.
If your school has not previously entered in the Interschools Championships you will need to register the school for the Online Entry System home page (click "register"). Please check with Interschools if your school is registered for the Online Entry System before registering the school as there cannot be multiple school registrations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We highly recommend that you use Google Chrome as your web browser when registering and completing your school entries. You may experience difficulties If you do not use Google Chrome as your web browser. Click Here to download Google Chrome for Free
For help completing your entries, please read the online entry guidelines within the Interschools Handbook.
All participants wanting to compete in the Interschools Snowsports competitions require an active Snowracer registration, which gives you a SnowID, to compete.
Participants who have competed before in Interschools in the last few years will already have a SnowID but you need to make sure that you have activated (renew) your Snowracer registration for 2019. You would have now received an email to activate your Snowracer registration for 2019.
- To quickly renew and activate your SnowID for FREE for 2019 go to https://www.snowracer.com.au/registration/
- If you are unsure if you have a SnowID or to look up your SnowID, please visit - https://www.snowracer.com.au/member-finder/
- If you are are a new participant to Interschools in 2019, register for your SnowID at - https://www.snowracer.com.au/registration/
Please renew, activate or register with Snowracer as soon as you can. If you are a new participant or will be competing for a new school this year, please pass your SnowID onto your school coordinator. They need your SnowID to enter you into the Interschools Championships.
Ski & Snowboard Australia Membership Options
All Snowracer registrations include an active SnowID and FREE Snowracer insurance providing $500 of non-medical cover and $1 million of public liability cover. More information here.
Snow Equipment Cover
Exclusive to Snowracer and SSA members, Snow Equipment Cover provides insurance against theft and/or damage to ski’s, snowboards and other equipment both domestically and internationally through to April 2020 for just one payment of $39.90. Members can purchase their cover during the registration process. More information here.
Headsmart Concussion Screening
SSA have partnered with Headsmart Sports Concussion Programme to provide a subsidised baseline concussion screening for all members. Whether you ski, snowboard, play team or other action sports every participant should have a baseline concussion test to refer to in the event of an accident. SSA strongly recommend participants at all levels undertake baseline testing. This education and baseline screening is of the same standard and the same process that professional athletes complete. More details are available here.
Interschools entries will open on Monday May 6. Entries can only be completed online at the Interschools online entry system https://entryinterschools.com.au
Online entries will close for the Regional Championships on June 26.
Schools need to register for the online entry system only once. If you are a new school, you can register the school at the above link.
If you are not sure whether you need to register the school for the online entry system, please email Interschools first to confirm. The login for the online entry system is the school coordinator email address and password. If you are taking over from another school coordinator, email Interschools to retrieve / amend the school login.
Interschools events are open to students in Kindergarten to Year 12.
Competitors from all ability levels are encouraged to enter, with an emphasis on fun and participation in the initial regional championships. As the competitions move into the State and then the National event, the level of competition and the degree of difficulty increases.
Interschools is a team-based competition for students attending the same school, although individuals can enter when insufficient competitors are not available to form a team (except for the Cross Country Relay which is a team only event).
Teams and Individuals compete in their school divisions: Division 1 Years 11 & 12, Division 2 Years 9 & 10, Division 3 Years 7 & 8 , Division 4 Years 5 & 6, Division 5 Year 4 and below.
Students can enter Division 6 in Alpine and Ski Cross. Division 6 is for students in Kindergarten to Year 2.
Competitors can compete up a division to make a team. However, a primary school competitor can not race in a secondary division. Females can compete in a male team.
The top 3 teams and individuals are awarded in each event, except the Cross Country Relay where only the teams are recognised. The top 5 teams and top 10 individuals from an event are considered for an invitation to the next competition round.
To achieve a team score, teams need to include:
3-4 competitors for Alpine. Fastest 3 times in each run needed to achieve team result.
2-3 competitors for Ski Cross, Moguls, Snowboard Giant Slalom, Snowboard Cross and Ski and Snowboard Slopestyle. Fastest times/scores in each run needed to achieve team result.
3 competitors for the Cross Country Freestyle and Relay. Aggregate of 3 team member finishes used for Freestyle team place.
School students from all ability levels are encouraged to enter, with an emphasis on fun and participation in the initial Regional Championships. As the competitions move into the NSW State and Australian event, the level of competition and the degree of difficulty increases.
It is advised that all competitors must be able to execute link turns and ride a chairlift/T-bar confidently, prior to competing in Regional Level events.
Schools that already compete must continue to compete in the Regional Championships that they have entered. NSW Interschools can endorse a move to another Championships based on a school’s location. Please contact NSW Interschools for a move request.
New families to Interschools are encouraged to contact their school first to determine if they already compete in the Interschools Championships and which Regional Championships they enter.
New schools to Interschools should use the following guide to see which Championships they should compete in. We also encourage new schools to contact NSW Interschools to discuss and check which Regional Championships they should compete in.
Northern NSW & QLD Championships – Central Coast, Central West, Hills District, Hunter, Illawarra, New England, North Coast, Northern Beaches, Northern Suburbs, South-Western Sydney, Southern Highlands, Southern Sydney, Upper North Shore, Western Sydney, QLD, International
Sydney Championships – Eastern Suburbs, Inner West, Lower North Shore
ACT-Southern NSW Championships – Riverina, Illawarra, South Coast, South East, Canberra International schools can compete in the Northern NSW Championships.
Schools can only compete in the one Regional Championships.
All school students must compete in the same Regional Championships.
Click on the links for video tutorials on how to complete your online entries
- How to register your school - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcOaDET5yZM
- How to log onto the Online Entry System - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jv-51eF9Rs
- What is the Home page - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZ5JJLdnQ
- How to manually add/edit/delete a Participant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufb-cymbao
- How to manually add/edit/delete Team Manager - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeNkpR9zxk
- How to manually add/edit/delete Teams - (Part A) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxbK1ARia0M
- How to manually add/edit/delete competitors and team managers to a team - (Part B) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCSUiVc5usI
- How to use the Excel import - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl8Dk1xmZqc
- What is the School Invoice tab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qkFULVeMak
- What is the School Details tab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfuKLb2iHA
- How to register Volunteers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433VmibD0LM
How to complete an online wavier - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguBWvqsANo
How Schools Coordinators can check online waivers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWJRYqeNuBo