Online Entries for the following Interschools events are open for the following events and close June 27:
- Travelplan Ski Northern NSW & QLD Interschools Snowsports Championships
- Travelplan Ski Sydney Interschools Snowsports Championships
- Subaru ACT-Southern NSW Interschools Snowsports Championships
School entries are completed online by the School Coordinator, who will have a login for the entry system. Your username is your email address. If you have misplaced your password, you can retrieve it on the entry system home page.
We highly recommend that you use Google Chrome as your web browser when registering and completing your school entries. You may experience difficulties If you do not use Google Chrome as your web browser. Click Here to download Google Chrome for Free
For help completing your entries, please read the online entry guidelines within the Interschools Handbook.
Are you a New School Coordinator?
If your school has previously entered the Interschools Championships and you are taking over the School Coordinator role in 2018; get a login for the Online Entry System by either;
- Asking the previous school coordinator to login to the Online Entry System and update the School Details tab with the new school coordinators email address. They can either set a new password for you or you can click 'Retrieve Password' on the login page to the Online Entry System to set a new password yourself.
- Email NSW Interschools at email@example.com to update the login. You must then login and update the temporary password you are given. Please update your details on the School Details tab in the Online Entry System. Ensuring that the School Details page is updated allows school coordinators to be sent SMS updates during the Championships and Interschools can contact the correct coordinator for any queries with your entries, etc.
If your school has not previously entered in the Interschools Championships you will need to register the school for the Online Entry System home page (click "register"). Please check with NSW Interschools if your school is registered for the Online Entry System before registering the school as there cannot be multiple school registrations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the links for video tutorials on how to complete your online entries
- How to register your school - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcOaDET5yZM
- How to log onto the Online Entry System - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jv-51eF9Rs
- What is the Home page - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZ5JJLdnQ
- How to manually add/edit/delete a Participant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufb-cymbao
- How to manually add/edit/delete Team Manager - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zeNkpR9zxk
- How to manually add/edit/delete Teams - (Part A) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxbK1ARia0M
- How to manually add/edit/delete competitors and team managers to a team - (Part B) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCSUiVc5usI
- How to use the Excel import - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl8Dk1xmZqc
- What is the School Invoice tab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qkFULVeMak
- What is the School Details tab - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qfuKLb2iHA
- How to register Volunteers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433VmibD0LM
How to complete an online wavier - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguBWvqsANo
How Schools Coordinators can check online waivers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWJRYqeNuBo
There is one change to the Online Entry System this year involving participants Snowracer Registration and SnowID.
It is a condition of entry that all participants are registered with Snowracer (you only need to do this once…ever!!). When you have signed up for Snowracer you will be allocated a SnowID.
Only participants new to the Interschools Championships in 2018 will need to register with Snowracer to secure a SnowID.
If you competed in the last few years, you would have already registered with Snowracer either directly through the Snowracer website or as part of the NSW/ACT/QLD participant waiver form.
From 2018, Snowracer registration is no longer available through the Interschools participant waiver. Instead – all new participants to Interschools will need to register directly on the Snowracer Website.
Registration with Snowracer is free of charge and has the following benefits.
Snowracer Insurance - FREE insurance cover while competing in Australia. This insurance is for non-medical expenses to the value of $500 and covers items such as refunds for your entry fee and lift tickets, lost accommodation or car repatriation. More details regarding the policy is available here.
SnowID - Your SnowID is your unique identifier should you register for any events, make an insurance claim or upgrade your registration with Ski & Snowboard Australia.
On many Interschools courses, there is a live timing system that is available for all to see on the Snowracer website. Where an event is run using the live timing system, all competitors registered with a SnowID will appear in the results. Please note, that after an event is held, Interschools official results with all participants will be published on the Interschools website.
It is the participants (or their parents) responsibility to make sure that you have a Snowracer Registration before entering Interschools events. Please forward the email registration confirmation you receive from Snowracer to your school coordinator so that they have the correct information to complete your Interschools entries.
If you have a Snowracer Registration, keep your contact details up to date. You can do this at any time, by logging into the Snowracer website. Your email address you used to register for Snowracer must match the email address you supply to your school coordinator.
If you are unsure of whether you have a Snowracer Registration and/or SnowID, you can use the SnowID look up.
For School Coordinators to enter participants into Interschools, they will need the following from each school participant:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Year at school
- All the disciplines they wish to enter; eg Alpine and Skiercross
For Team Managers to receive a discounted lift ticket, their name must be assigned to the team/individual they are looking after when entries are completed in the online entry system. No changes or additions of team manager names will be accepted after the close of entries date.
Northern NSW & QLD Champs - Thredbo Competitor and Team Manager Lift Tickets
Team Managers and Competitors 18 years are eligible for discounted lift tickets (lift ticket at the child rate) on the day of an event. Discounted Team Managers lift tickets can only be purchased on the day of the event from the Thredbo Valley Lift Ticket Office.
Thredbo has increased the child age for lift tickets from 14 to 17 years. Therefore Interschools competitors can now purchase their lift tickets from any Thredbo ticket office or online via http://www.thredbo.com.au/passes-rentals/winter-passes. Buy Early and Save Online!
Sydney & ACT-Sth NSW Events - Perisher Competitor and Team Manager Lift Tickets
Competitors (15 years and over) and Team Managers are entitled to discounted lift tickets on the day of a competition at Perisher. Discounted lift tickets can be purchased online (a link will be advertised here closer to the event date) and at the resort at either the Bullocks Flat lift ticket office or Perisher Skitube lift ticket office.
Online tickets will be available 7 days prior to the event.
School Coordinators need to submit volunteer names into the Online Entry System before the close of entries. Schools need to supply 1 volunteer for every 8 entries. School Coordinators assign volunteers to a particular course to volunteer on (eg Division 1 Male Alpine).
Most volunteers prefer to volunteer on a course that they have a child in so that they can volunteer and watch their child compete. This works if there is a team manager and/or parent/guardian who can look after your child, or your child is experienced enough to not need your help for course inspection and their race starts.
Some volunteers prefer to volunteer on a course that their child is not involved in and will volunteer on a day they aren’t competing (eg on a snowboard course when they child is in the ski events).
The earlier you register the volunteers the better, as volunteer positions get filled as there is a quota for each event discipline and you may not necessarily get your first course preference.
You can assign volunteers to the 3 roles of Start Marshall, Gate Keeper and Finish Assistant. This position is not always what you will be assigned to but it does let us know your first preference.
All volunteers must complete a volunteer waiver by June 29. School Coordinators can check who has completed waivers in the online entry system.
Around the same time that the Race Schedule is released (typically 3-5 days before the event starts), the volunteer roster will also be available. Keep an eye out for it on the website. The roster will let you know what course(s) you have been assigned to, what time and location the course will be held and your volunteer role.
Course Officials Guidelines & Briefings
It is very important that Volunteers understand the various Course Officials positions undertaken at Interschools events before they volunteer. We recommend that all Volunteers read the Course Official Guidelines and/or attend a Course Official Briefing.
Interschools holds two course officials briefings during the school holidays that go though how to perform the volunteer roles and an opportunity to ask any questions;
- Monday July 9 - 3.30pm-4.30pm at the Thredbo Alpine Hotel.
- Monday July 16 - 3.30pm-4.30pm in the Interschools Race Office in the Perisher Skitube Terminal.
If you have any queries about volunteers, please contact Wendy on 0422 240 483 or email@example.com
All participants and volunteer course officials must complete an online waiver for the season. A parent/guardian or the competitor (if over 18 years of age when signing the waiver) MUST complete the Online Participant Waiver.
Waiver forms must be completed by June 29.